Seared Scallops with lemon butter sauce
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Seared Scallops with lemon butter sauce,
By October 30, 201123 recipes added. / Published:
Diet Type : Carnivore / Culinary Tradition : European / Difficulty Level : Medium Difficulty / Recipe Type : Appetizer / Entree / Starter
Image Gallery :
Recipe SummaryThis is quite a classic recipe, probably French but my way is a little different! It is a very rich sauce but wonderful!
- 8 fresh scallops (removed from shells) and roe removed
- 1 tblsp flour
- 1 tblsp fresh chopped dill
- 75 grams butter
- 1 large clove of garlic peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
Directions / Instructions :
- Have a dish or plate with a lid or cover ready warmed for the cooked scallops to go onto
- Rinse scallops in cold water and pat dry with kitchen towel
- Toss scallops into the flour and shake off any excess
- Heat a wok or large pan over a high heat, when very hot add 25 grams of butter, melt until it starts to sizzle then place the scallops in quickly and turn each one after about 30 seconds and sear other side for 30 secs, lower heat and cook each side of fish for a further 30-60 secs depending on thickness, remove scallops from the pan and place on the warm plate, sprinkle with the dill and a shake of black pepper cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining 50 grams of butter to same pan with the garlic, (scrape up any residue from the fish) cook the garlic and butter slowly over low heat for a few minutes until garlic softens but doesn't brown, turn up the heat to high, add the lemon juice to the pan stirring all the time, the sauce will slightly thicken keep cooking for 30 seconds more then remove from heat.
- Serve the scallops with a little of the sauce on top and the rest on the side
- Wonderful served simply with watercress or green salad and lemon wedges
Recipe Tags : Fish | garlic | lemon | scallops