Raspberry and White Chocolate Ganache Tart
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Raspberry and White Chocolate Ganache Tart,
By October 11, 201123 recipes added. / Published:
Diet Type : Vegetarian / Culinary Tradition : European / Difficulty Level : Medium Difficulty / Recipe Type : Dessert
Recipe SummaryA sumptious dessert ideal for a dinner party or to impress your friends, it is not as difficult to make as it sounds and is well worth the effort
Ingredients :For the base:
- 1 x small packet of digestive or other sweet buscuits, crushed
- 100 grams of ground almonds
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams dark chocolate (use good quality-minimum 50% coco fat)
- 150 grams fresh raspberries
- 50 grams white sugar
- 200 grams good quality white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 200 ml of double cream,
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- 100 ml double cream
- 25 grams butter
- You will need an 8 inch/15 cm loose bottom deep cake or pie tin
Directions / Instructions :
For the base:
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the ground almonds in a bowl,
- melt the butter and chocolate in a dish over a pan of simmering water or in a microwave and pour over the biscuits and mix well together,
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of your cake tin and chill for at least one hour.
For the filling:
- put the raspberries in a saucepan with the sugar, stir gently so as not to break the fruit,
- Cook for 2 minutes over a high heat without stirring, just shake the pan occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, set aside to cool.
- When cooled, spoon the raspberries over the biscuit base, dont use too much of the liquid or the base will go soggy.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
For the toppings:
- Place the broken white chocolate into a warm bowl, heat the 200 ml of double cream with the 50 grams of butter until boiling point, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate, leave one minute then stir until chocolate is completely melted and everything is well mixed, leave to cool for a few minutes then very gently spoon over the raspberries and biscuits base. Leave in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- Place the broken dark chocolate into a warm bowl, heat the 100 ml of double cream with the 25 grams of butter until boiling point, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate, leave one minute then stir until chocolate is completely melted and everything is well mixed, leave to cool for a few minutes then very gently spoon over the white chocolate mixture, if the white is not fully set then just swirl the two chocolates very lightly together.
- Place in the fridge until chocolate is completely set, overnight if possible.
- To remove from the tin, use a warm knife to loosen the edges before removing from the tin.
- Serve with some fresh raspberries and dust with icing sugar, also delicious with white chocolate sauce, fresh cream and raspberry couli!
Variations :Any berry fruit is suitable for this
Recipe Tags : biscuits | Chocolate | Cream | dessert | ganache | raspberries