Chicken With Dates
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Chicken With Dates ,
By October 8, 201123 recipes added. / Published:
Diet Type : Omnivore / Culinary Tradition : Indian / Difficulty Level : Quick and Easy / Recipe Type : Healthy
Recipe SummaryI think that you have never listened about the combination of chicken and dates. But I know it’s very famous in India and you might also like it.
- 6 chicken quarters
- 4 Tablespoon peanut (or safflower oil)
- 2 large onions--1 pound or 500 grams
- 1 coarsely,Chopped
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon,ground
- 1/4 teaspoon mace,ground
- 1/4 teaspon nutmeg,ground
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb dates,Pitted
- 1 tablespoon juice of lemon
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup almonds,Blanched
Directions / Instructions :
- First take a large pan, saute the chicken pieces in the oil for a few minutes.
- Until lightly colored, turning over once.
- Remove and saute onions in the pan, over low heat.
- Until soft and clear, stir in spices and honey.
- Add water, stir well and add the chicken pieces.
- Bring to boil, add salt to taste and plenty of black pepper.
- Simmer for 25 minutes. Add dates, juice, and saffron and cook another 5-10 minutes until tender.
Quick Notes :Serve it as a side dish with lemons
Recipe Tags : Chicken | Dates