Cheese, Chive and Walnut Scones
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Cheese, Chive and Walnut Scones,
By October 17, 201123 recipes added. / Published:
Diet Type : Vegetarian / Culinary Tradition : British / Difficulty Level : Quick and Easy / Recipe Type : Cakes / Baking Dishes
Image Gallery :
Recipe SummaryThese scones are very tasty served with soup and are very simple and quick to make
- 125 grams white flour
- 125 grams wholemeal flour
- 50 grams butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 grams walnuts finely chopped
- bunch of fresh chives chopped
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tblsp natural yogurt
Directions / Instructions :
- Sieve flours, salt and baking powder into a bowl. rub in butter until mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in walnuts, cheese and chives.
- Bind mixture together with the yogurt and milk and lightly knead together into a ball.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1 cm thick.
- Cut out rounds with a round or square pastry cutter until all the dough is used (about 9 rounds).
- Place on baking tray and cook in a hot over 200 c for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool for 5 minutes then split and serve with butter
Variations :Use any type of nuts and herbs for entirely different flavours
Recipe Tags : Cheese | chives | scones | walnuts