Bulgarian Meatballs Soup
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Bulgarian Meatballs Soup,
By June 29, 201223 recipes added. / Published:
Diet Type : Carnivore / Culinary Tradition : Bulgarian / Difficulty Level : Medium Difficulty / Recipe Type : Soups and Stew
Image Gallery :
Recipe Based on - link to actual blog / recipe page :
Recipe based on : Joanna Newman (Bulgaria)
Recipe SummaryThis is atraditional Bulgarian Supper dish fairly easy to acheive, my recipe has been adapted slightly to reduce the amount of fat
- 500 gram minced beef or pork
- 6 tbsp uncooked rice (short grain)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Paprik
- 3 pints of water
- 2 stock cubes
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed & chopped
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 2 carrots thinly sliced, julienne style
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 sml chilli sliced & de seeded
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper
- 2 tblsp flour
Directions / Instructions :
- Mix the meat with the rice, paprika, salt & pepper, oregano and mix thoroughly
- squeeze into smallish balls and roll in flour.
- Mix water, stock cubes, salt, pepper, onions, garlic, carrots and tomatoes in a large pan, cover and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the pan of soup, cover and bring back to the boil again, then simmer for 60 minutes. Add chilli after first 20 mins, add parsley for the last 5 minutes.
- Beat egg with lemon juice, stir 2 tbsp of soup into the mixture then stir egg mix into the rest of the soup.
- Stir till soup is thickened slightly. DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve hot with fresh bread, it is very filling
Variations :Try using different seasonal vegetables to vary the flavours
Recipe Tags : meatballs | mince | Pork | soup